Editor's note: This material is re-printed with kind permission from Grantmakers in the Arts.
With extraordinarily wide-spread destruction in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, grantmakers across the country will be looking to help with the cleanup and rebuilding. Here are some resources to remember:
- As always, for artists, CERF+ is a great place to start. And their Facebook page is especially worth noting for information coming in as the damage stories unfold.
- Arts Ready is a resource that should be remembered in the wake of this devastating event.
- Council of New Jersey Grantmakers has a Disaster Grantmaking Teleconference scheduled for November 1 at 2:00 p.m. EST. No doubt this call has become much more imperative since it was initially scheduled.
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy has a "Hurricane Sandy Hub" where information is being assembled.
- Likewise from Council on Foundations, who has a list of resources as well.